Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: HeraldMail HomeCollectionsCarbon Monoxide Poisoning
IN THE NEWS

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

NEWS
June 4, 2003
Heavy rains caused minor flooding problems throughout the Tri-State area Tuesday night. In Washington County, six water-covered roads were closed, according to 911 dispatchers. At about 8:30 p.m., a Fairplay family of five was taken to the hospital after their basement flooded and they began showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Fairplay Volunteer Fire Co. There was about a foot of water in the basement in the house, in the 18500 block of Knoll Drive.
Advertisement
NEWS
October 10, 2000
Seven exposed to carbon monoxide By KIMBERLY YAKOWSKI / Staff Writer Seven people living in a Hagerstown duplex were hospitalized Tuesday afternoon after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, according to Hagerstown Fire Department. Battalion Chief Ron Horn said the fire department received a call from Lori McClanahan, who lives at 43 Elizabeth St. with her four-year-old daughter, complaining that her carbon monoxide detector had activated. Horn said McClanahan told him she had turned on her gas furnace three days ago and had felt sick ever since.
NEWS
By JENNIFER FITCH | August 20, 2008
WAYNESBORO, Pa. -- The deaths of two men found in a Park Street home Friday have been ruled accidental, concluding an investigation by local police and the Franklin County (Pa.) Coroner's Office. Investigators believe that Stuart A. DeWease Jr., 49, forgot to turn off his vehicle when he arrived home from work early Friday, Coroner Jeffrey R. Conner said in a news release issued Wednesday. DeWease and Keith Rohrer, 22, were found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning that afternoon.
NEWS
by DON AINES | February 4, 2004
chambersburg@herald-mail.com A Greene Township, Pa., man was found frozen to death outside his home Sunday, according to Franklin County Coroner Jeffrey R. Conner. Michael Kenneth Jones, 54, of 5664 Greenvillage Road, died of hypothermia, Conner said Monday. He said he could give no estimate of Jones' time of death. Pennsylvania State Police also were investigating the death. Jones was found by family members on a side porch of the house, according to Conner.
NEWS
July 11, 2012
Pa. police: Man's death on turnpike ruled a suicide McCONNELLSBURG, Pa. - A Carbon County, Pa., man's death was ruled a suicide after police found him in his pickup on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Fulton County. The 37-year-old Palmerton, Pa., man was pronounced dead at the scene by Fulton County Coroner Berley Souders, Pennsylvania State Police said in a news release. His cause of death was ruled as respiratory failure by carbon monoxide poisoning, police said. The man was traveling west on the turnpike and apparently pulled his 1997 Chevrolet S-10 pickup off the road in Dublin Township, police said.
NEWS
June 3, 1997
By DAVE McMILLION Staff Writer, Martinsburg MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - Four-month-old twins found dead in a Martinsburg apartment last March died of sudden infant death syndrome, a West Virginia medical examiner has ruled. Although Assistant Medical Examiner Zia Sabet said it was "very odd" that Hakeem and Nahim Newton died together, he said there have been about a dozen cases across the country where twins have died together from the complication. Medical experts do not know what causes sudden infant death syndrome, also referred to as "crib death," said Sabet.
NEWS
February 19, 1998
By RICHARD F. BELISLE Staff Writer, Waynesboro GREENCASTLE, Pa. - Firefighters at Greencastle's Rescue Hose Co. No. 1 Inc. rolled out of their firehouse on Carlisle Street 135 times during 1997 for local fires. Fifteen dwellings burned, along with one barn, a mobile home, a grain bin and a dumpster. The company also responded to 25 vehicle fires and 31 brush fires, among others. According to an annual report provided by Chief Robert H. Ebersole, Jr., total damage estimates from fires last year totaled $243,500.
NEWS
By JENNIFER FITCH | waynesboro@herald-mail.com | April 1, 2013
People who have suffered dog bites, diabetic ulcers, thermal burns from radiation or carbon monoxide poisoning are getting another treatment option at Fulton County (Pa.) Medical Center. The medical center celebrated its new Wound Care Services Center and hyperbaric oxygen chamber Monday. The wound center plans to serve an assortment of patients, including individuals with spider bites, oral cancers, surgical wounds that are not healing and gangrene. “There are a variety of conditions it can treat,” Beth Lopez said, adding that emerging research indicates hyperbaric oxygen therapy can benefit autism, stroke and dementia patients.
NEWS
November 19, 1996
By CLYDE FORD Staff Writer Marilyn Rudolph did not realize that a silent killer had invaded her Halfway home on Sunday night until an alarm sounded. She ignored the carbon monoxide detector's alarm three times. But when it went off again, she, her husband and 16-year-old son left the 17630 Meadowood Drive house and called the fire department. Halfway Volunteer Assistant Fire Chief Doug DeHaven said firefighters found dangerously high levels of poisonous carbon monoxide gas throughout the house when they arrived at about 10 p.m. The levels were especially high in the second-floor bedrooms.
NEWS
By DON AINES | February 28, 2006
CHAMBERSBURG, PA. chambersburg@herald-mail.com Family members pulled an 86-year-old Chambersburg woman from her burning home Monday morning, but she was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Franklin County Coroner Jeffrey R. Conner. "She was 86 years old and led a good life," said Martin J. Carbaugh, the son of Minnie Carbaugh of 248 Burkhart Ave. He said his daughter, Ann Borg, and her husband, George, pulled Carbaugh from the side door of the house while he was trying to enter through the front door.
The Herald-Mail Articles
|