GREENCASTLE, Pa. — A large barn filled with hay on its upper level burned to the ground Tuesday in a fire that kept emergency crews busy for hours.
Firefighters were dispatched at 1 p.m. to 1227 Clay Hill Road in Antrim Township, where they found a fully involved blaze in a barn that had a milking parlor on the lower level, according to Greencastle Rescue Hose Co. 1st Lt. Tyler Myers.
Crews attempted to extinguish the fire, then used a front-end loader to move the hay and tin off the rubble. They doused the debris in water and foam to try to contain the smoldering fire.
The property is owned by Larry and Jean Harshman, Myers said.
Myers said the fire was being classified as accidental and electrical.
The blaze reached a nearby structure, but there were no injuries to livestock or people, Myers said.