Advertisement

Electrical panel box caused fire in basement of Hancock home

June 11, 2013

HANCOCK — An electrical panel box caused a fire in the basement of a home on Maple Ridge Road Monday night, according to a spokesman for the Hancock Volunteer Fire Co.

The fire was reported about midnight, the spokesman said.

Officials with the Red Cross of the Chesapeake Region said they gave financial assistance to a family in the home to help them replace food, clothing and other items that were destroyed in the fire.

The Red Cross said they were also helping the family with temporary shelter.

Firefighters from Hancock, Clear Spring, Berkeley Springs, W.Va., and Fulton County, Pa., responded to the blaze.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|