Advertisement

Log house under construction near Smithsburg damaged by fire

June 10, 2013

SMITHSBURG — A fire caused $200 in damages Saturday to a one-story log house that was under construction on Old Forge Road near Smithsburg, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said.

The fire was discovered by the Smithsburg deputy fire chief at 10:36 p.m. in the 22000 block of Old Forge Road, according to a fire marshal’s office news release.

Authorities said the fire started accidentally when rags used to stain logs spontaneously combusted.

The fire was out when firefighters arrived.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|