Advertisement

No one injured in fire at duplex in Hagerstown's West End

April 04, 2013
  • No one was injured in a fire Thursday morning at a 2 1/2-story duplex in the 700 block of Lanvale Street in Hagerstown's West End.
By Yvette May/Staff Photographer

No one was injured in a fire Thursday morning at a 2 1/2-story duplex in the 700 block of Lanvale Street in Hagerstown’s West End, Hagerstown Fire Marshal Douglas P. DeHaven said.

Firefighters responded to a report of smoke at 709 Lanvale St. on Thursday at about 11:15 a.m., according to a Washington County Emergency Services supervisor.

The fire was contained to a second-floor bedroom and it is believed it might have been caused by faulty wiring on an electrical appliance, Hagerstown Fire Department Battalion Chief Mark Cleck said.

The call was made by a neighbor at 711 Lanvale St., the other half of the duplex, DeHaven said.

No one was home at 709 Lanvale St. at the time of the fire, DeHaven said.

A woman and her two sons were the occupants of 709 Lanvale St.

The two boys play in the West End Little League, said Steve Dellinger, a manager in the league.

Advertisement

Dellinger said a booth will be set up at West End Little League for people to bring donations Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Carmen Reed and Katrina Whittington, the team moms for the boys’ team, will be on hand to collect donations, Dellinger said.

Saturday is opening day for the league.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|