Advertisement

House fire reported near Clear Spring

March 21, 2013
  • Firefighter douses an area where an electrical fire started at a house on St. Paul Road near Broadfording Road Thursday afternoon.
Ric Dugan, Staff Photographer

CLEAR SPRING — A faulty electrical wire started a fire that caused minor damage to an old log house Thursday afternoon near Clear Spring, a fire official said.

Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Co. Chief Mike Reid said the fire was reported at 1:43 p.m. in the 13600 block of St. Paul Road.

The exact address of the house was not visible on the property. The call was reported as a fire near the intersection of St. Paul and Broadfording roads.

Reid said firefighters were able to isolate the fire to a rear corner of the house and get the flames under control in a few minutes.

The original log structure was covered with wood siding. A few logs were exposed at the site of the fire.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|