Advertisement

Small bedroom fire in Clear Spring might have been started by puppy

March 17, 2013

CLEAR SPRING, Md. — A small bedroom fire Sunday in a home northeast of Clear Spring might have been caused by a puppy, Clear Spring Fire Chief Michael Reid said.

A heat lamp, which was being used to keep puppies warm, fell over and caught the bedroom’s wooden floor on fire, Reid said.

People at the old farmhouse at 14854 Hicksville Road near the Pennsylvania state line, “believe one of the puppies knocked it over,” Reid said.

The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived, Reid said. Firefighters cut part of the floor out to make sure the fire had not spread into the floor or walls.

No people or puppies were injured, he said.

The call for the fire came in shortly after 11:30 a.m. Sunday, according to Washington County Emergency Services.

Reid said firefighters from Clear Spring, Williamsport, Halfway, Maugansville and Mercersburg, Pa., responded to the fire.

That stretch of Hicksville Road is between Spickler and Rockdale roads, he said.

Advertisement

— Julie E. Greene

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|