Advertisement

Furnace malfunction blamed for fire at vacant Kaetzel Road house

March 04, 2013

KNOXVILLE — A furnace malfunction sparked a fire that caused $10,000 in damages to a vacant home Sunday at 2625 Kaetzel Road in Knoxville, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said.

The fire, which was reported by a neighbor at 8:46 a.m., took 45 firefighters about 20 minutes to control, according to a Fire Marshal’s Office news release.

An investigation determined that the fire was caused by a malfunctioning furnace in the basement, the Fire Marshal’s Office said.

Fire companies from Boonsboro, Rohrersville, Potomac Valley and Brunswick responded to the scene.

The two-story, wood-frame house is owned by Frank Phillips, according to the release.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|