Advertisement

Officials say chimney fire on French Lane caused thousands of dollars in damage

March 03, 2013

WILLIAMSPORT — Two fire companies responded Sunday morning to a chimney fire on French Lane, according to Washington County Emergency Services.

Firefighters were dispatched between 10 and 10:30 a.m. Sunday to the chimney fire, which was in the 11500 block of French Lane, a 911 supervisor said.

The chimney on the house was a mortar type and it appears the fire might have extended through a gap in the mortar into a bedroom, said Brian Lowman, deputy chief of Williamsport Volunteer Fire & Emergency Medical Services.

The fire spread into the bedroom and part way into an attic, Lowman said.

Lowman said the fire caused thousands of dollars in damage.

French Lane is off Greencastle Pike, near the Interstate 70 interchange.

— Julie E. Greene

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|