Advertisement

Firefighters stop blaze after it starts in microwave and spreads to cabinets

February 25, 2013

A small fire that started in a microwave oven extended into some cabinets in a home at 370 Pangborn Blvd. near Hagerstown on Monday afternoon, a fire official said.

Firefighters were able to stop the 5:04 p.m. blaze when it spread into the cabinets, said Ed Gotthardt, assistant chief of the Longmeadow Volunteer Fire Co.

The fire started when food caught fire in the oven, Gotthardt said.

A person was in the house when the fire started but no one was hurt, Gotthardt said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|