Advertisement

Emergency crews respond to house fire on Big Pool Road

December 22, 2012
  • Several local emergency crews responded Saturday to a house fire at 11183 Big Pool Road.
By Michael Main

BIG POOL, Md. — Several local emergency crews responded Saturday to a house fire at 11183 Big Pool Road.

In an email, Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Company Chief Michael L. Reid wrote that the two-story home was a complete loss.

He wrote that the fire started in a clothes dryer.

Five people in Steven Wood’s family lived there, Reid wrote.

The fire company posted a photo of the destroyed house on its Facebook page and asked if the community could help the two men, two women and 3-year-old boy who lived there.

“They lost everything they have,” the Facebook post says. “It was heart wrenching when this little ... boy asked his Dad where they were going to live.

“Both temporary and long term living arrangements have been made. There are several organizations working on obtaining clothing.

“We have invited the family to our Company Christmas Banquet tomorrow evening and they have accepted. Santa Claus will be there and we intend to make sure this little boy has a good Christmas.”

The fire company and ambulance squad are accepting wrapped presents to give to the boy.

Numerous people posted replies offering to help the family.

The American Red Cross is assisting.

The fire company also has posted the clothing and shoe sizes of the occupants on its Facebook page to guide people who can donate items.

A Washington County 911 emergency dispatcher said the fire call went out at 10:30 a.m. and crews were at the scene until 2:45 p.m.

Fire crews from Hancock, Williamsport, Halfway and Maugansville assisted Clear Spring.

EMS units from Clear Spring and Hancock also responded, along with the county’s air, rehab and special operations units and the state fire marshal’s office.

One firefighter was treated at the scene for minor burns, Reid wrote.

Advertisement

— Andrew Schotz

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|