Advertisement

Smoky odor at South High caused by overheated belt

December 03, 2012

An odor of smoke in South Hagerstown High School Monday afternoon was caused by a belt that overheated in an air-handling system, a Hagerstown Fire Department spokesman said.

It took awhile to determine what was causing the smoke odor, said Battalion Chief Russell Grim.

The odor was reported in the building at 3:42 p.m. and firefighters left the school at 5:50 p.m.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|