Boonsboro man charged with sexually abusing teen

Milford Lee Cassaro was charged with one count each of third-degree sex offense and fourth-degree sex offense

November 08, 2012|By DAN DEARTH |
  • Cassaro
Submitted photo

A Boonsboro man has been charged with sexually abusing a 15-year-old girl earlier this month at a home east of Hagerstown, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office said.

Milford Lee Cassaro, 34, of 20862 Keadle Road in Boonsboro, was charged with one count each of third-degree sex offense and fourth-degree sex offense.

If convicted on both counts, he faces a maximum sentence of 11 years in prison and a $1,000 fine.

Deputies responded at 4:30 p.m. Saturday to a home on Beaver Creek Road for a report of a 15-year-old girl who was attempting to cut her wrist, according to the statement of probable cause obtained Thursday from Washington County District Court. When officers arrived, the girl’s mother told them that she came home and found her daughter kissing an older man on the front porch.

The mother and the daughter got into an argument after the man left, court records show. A short time later, the girl tried to cut her wrist.


Deputies said they obtained a photograph of Cassaro from the Maryland Vehicle Administration and showed the girl’s mother to confirm he was the man at the house earlier that day.

The statement of probable cause stated that Cassaro and the girl met at about 2:30 p.m. Saturday when he drove past the home on Beaver Creek Road in a pickup truck.

“(The girl) explained she yelled to him that he looked good,” according to the statement of probable cause. “(The girl) stated the male pulled over his truck next to her house and then she proceeded to get in his truck with him. (The girl) asked the male if he wanted to see her bedroom. She took the male upstairs to her bedroom.”

Documents allege the girl told the man that she was 15 while they were having sex. The girl told officers that the man replied “it didn’t matter and that she ... still has needs.”

Cassaro was admitted to the Washington County Detention Center on Monday, according to court records.

He was released Wednesday after posting a $40,000 bond.

The Herald-Mail Articles