Advertisement

Three treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after furnace malfunction

October 09, 2012

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. — Three people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Monday night at Chambersburg Hospital, according to Chambersburg Emergency Services Chief William FitzGerald.

Crews responded to 321 Philadelphia Ave. for a furnace malfunction and evaluated nine people, FitzGerald said.

Some of the residents reported episodes of dizziness, and one might have passed out for a period of time, FitzGerald said. Children were among the residents of the three-unit apartment building, he said.

“That was the first time (for the season) the furnace was turned on,” FitzGerald said.

Furnaces and chimneys should be serviced every year, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|