Advertisement

Best Buy store evacuated for gas leak

September 19, 2012

The Best Buy store on Garland Groh Boulevard was evacuated Wednesday night after an odor of gas was noticed at the store, according to emergency officials.

Firefighters responded to the store about 8 p.m. and discovered a natural gas leak from a heating and air conditioning unit on the roof of the store, said Capt. Adam Hopkins of the Hagerstown Fire Department.

Firefighters were able to stop the leak, said Hopkins.

The store reopened and firefighters left the scene at 8:36 p.m., officials said.

— Dustin Lawyer and Dave McMillion

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|