Two charged in Chambersburg robbery in which handgun was fired

August 22, 2012
  • Rondel Kearse, left, and Antonio V. Farrell
Chambersburg (Pa.) Police Department

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. — Two men have been charged with committing a robbery that involved the firing of a handgun early Tuesday at Carson’s Motel on Loudon Street in Chambersburg, Pa., Chambersburg police said.

Antonio V. Farrell, of 2112 Lakeside Way in Newnan, Ga., was charged with one count each of robbery, criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault and weapons violations, according to a Chambersburg Police Department news release.

Also charged was Rondel Kearse, 37, of 4624 Old Village Way in Oldsmar, Fla. He was charged with one count each of robbery, criminal conspiracy and simple assault.

Police said they received a call at 12:15 a.m. Tuesday about gunshots being fired at Carson’s Motel at 414 Loudon St.

Officers said an investigation determined that two men and one woman were injured in the incident. Police identified the victims as New York City residents Amanda Douglas, 19, of 170 Barbey St.; Boris Abreu, 23, of 1165 Morris Ave.; and Christopher Ferreiras, 33, of 1368 Metropolitan Ave.

The investigation determined that the three victims were inside room No. 124 at the hotel shortly after midnight when three males banged on the door during a prearranged drug deal, according to the release. When one of the occupants left the room, a man outside pulled a handgun and fired, the release says.

Police said one of the other men went inside and assaulted the two occupants who remained in the room.

Officers said the robbers fled the area after taking cell phones and wallets from the victims.

Abreu and Ferreiras were treated at Chambersburg Hospital and released, according to police. Douglas did not require medical attention.

Officers determined that at least one gunshot was fired, but no one was struck, the release said. The injuries to the victims appeared to be caused by physical assaults, police said.

Police said Ferreiras was wanted on drug charges in Cumberland County, Pa. He was taken into custody after being discharged from the hospital.

Officers said they anticipated additional arrests would be made.

The Herald-Mail Articles