Here is the Morning MoJo Report for Wednesday, Aug. 8:
* As of 7 a.m., traffic was a little sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495 in both directions, but was running smoothly on all the interstates throughout the area.
* The MARC Train, Metro Subway, Light Rail, Commuter Bus and Mobility Services were all running on time and operating on their regular schedules, according to the Maryland Transit Administration website, mta.maryland.gov.
* The weather today is expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 91 degrees and winds between 5 and 7 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight, it's expected to be partly cloudy with a low around 68 degrees and winds around 6 mph.
* West Memorial Boulevard is closed between South Potomac Street and Maryland Avenue due to storm water there from heavy rains in late May which appears to be the result of a 100-year old stormwater pipe beneath the roadway, according to published reports. It is expected to reopen Friday.
* Ernstville Road in the Big Pool area is closed for at least another week for a drainage improvement project, according to a press release from the Washington County website.
* The Longmeadow Road-Marsh Pike intersection is still undergoing an improvement project. Workers are assisting traffic when needed at the intersection.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road has begun, and U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic at the intersection when needed.