Smoke from overheated dryer vent causes damage at assisted-living center
An overheated vent in a dryer produced smoke that caused an estimated $3,500 in damage at an assisted-living center on Downsville Pike, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said.
The incident was reported at 6:59 p.m. Monday at the Bhawani Manor Care Assisted Living Center at 9946 Downsville Pike, according to a fire marshal’s office news release.
The fire marshal’s office said the building’s sprinkler system was not activated.
It took 50 firefighters from Halfway, Williamsport, Funkstown, Hagerstown, Sharpsburg and Maugansville about 10 minutes to deal with the situation.
Washngton County Sheriff's Office responds to incidents
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following incidents, according to spokeswoman Carly Hose:
- A burglary was reported in the 12100 block of Ashton Road. Property was stolen and there are no suspects.
- A vehicle was reported scratched in the 11800 block of White Pine Drive in Hagerstown.