Advertisement

Morning MoJo report - July 9

July 09, 2012

Here is the Morning MoJo Report for Monday, July 9:

* As of 6:35 a.m., traffic was a little sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495, but it is running smoothly on all the interstates throughout the area.

* On the MARC Train, trains 841, 872, 870, and 843 are all operating 10 to 20 minutes late, according to the Maryland Transit Administration website, mta.maryland.gov.

* The Light Rail, Commuter Buses, local bus services, the Metro Subway system and the Mobility service were all running on time and operating on their regular schedules, according to the MTA website.

* The weather today is expected to be partly sunny with showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 10 a.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10 a.m., winds between 5 and 8 miles per hour (mph), and a 70 percent chance of precipitation, according to the National Weather Service. A high of around 85 is forecast. Tonight, it's expected to be mostly cloudy with a low around 66, a chance of showers and thunderstorms, and a 30 percent chance of precipitation.

* West Memorial Boulevard is closed between South Potomac Street and Maryland Avenue due to storm water there from heavy rains in late May, according to a traffic advisory from the City of Hagerstown's website. The road will remain closed until the water recedes.

* Ernstville Road  in the Big Pool area is closed until later this month for a drainage improvement project, according to a press release from the Washington County website.

* The Longmeadow Road-Marsh Pike intersection is still undergoing an improvement project. Workers are assisting traffic when needed at the intersection.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|