ELON, N.C. — Erin Scally of Hagerstown was named to the president’s list for the fall and spring semesters at Elon University.
She has been named a Business Fellow, and is majoring in international business and political science.
Erin is the daughter of Daniel and Ginger Scally of Hagerstown.
ATLANTA — The following area students received degrees from Emory University on May 14:
- Gillian Kramer of Hagerstown, Bachelor of Arts
- Stephanie Spangler of Williamsport, Bachelor of Arts; Spangler was also named to the dean’s list for the spring semester.
- Linda Kambule of Hagerstown, Doctor of Physical Therapy from the School of Medicine
ALBANY, N.Y. — Caitlin Kerrigan of New Market, Md., received a Bachelor of Science from The College of Saint Rose.
IRVING, Texas — Jessie Burke of Mercersburg, Pa., graduated from the University of Dallas in May with a bachelor’s degree in drama.
ERIE, Pa. — Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, named the following students to the dean’s list for the spring semester:
- Michael Casper of Mount Airy, Md., a senior studying software engineering.
- Louis Easterday of Mount Airy, a freshman studying engineering.
- Vishall Kaistha of Mount Airy, a junior studying biology.
SCRANTON, Pa. — Carolyn Marie Gillespie of New Market, Md., was among 65 students honored by the University of Scranton during its undergraduate Class Night ceremony.
The Jesuit university recognized outstanding members of the class of 2012 for academic achievement and service.
Gillespie received the Excellence in Exercise Science and Sport Award.
She earned a Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, in exercise science with a minor in psychology and a concentration in nutrition.
Gillespie was a member of the Phi Epsilon Kappa Honor Society and the exercise science club.
She was also captain of the university’s women’s swim team.
Gillespie plans to attend East Stroudsburg University to obtain a master’s degree in exercise science.
She graduated from Linganore High School in New Market.
MANSFIELD, Pa. — The following area students graduated from Mansfield University on May 12:
- Jeffrey Sievers of South Mountain, Pa., Bachelor of Music in music education
- Lilia Torres-Gonzalez of Waynesboro, Pa., Bachelor of Music in music education
BURLINGTON, Vt. — Michael C. Barbour of Frederick, Md., was recognized at an Honors Day Ceremony held by the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences at the University of Vermont in the spring.
Barbour received the Edmund F. Little Senior Award for meritorious work in the mechanic arts presented by the Mechanical Engineering Department in the School of Engineering. Barbour was also inducted into Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society during the academic year.