A dean’s list student, she was a recipient of a Denison Alumni Scholarship. She studied abroad with the Danish Institute for Study Abroad Program in Denmark.
• Colin William Stoecker of Hedgesville, W.Va., was awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a concentration in literature, and a minor in philosophy.
PITTSBURGH — Rachel Powell of Boonsboro was named to the dean’s list for the spring semester at Duquesne University.
She is a junior in the McAnulty College of Liberal Arts.
Rachel is the daughter of Dennis and Marlene Powell of Boonsboro.
ELKINS, W.Va. — Davis & Elkins College honored outstanding students during its spring Academic Awards and Recognition Convocation held at Davis Memorial Presbyterian Church, an annual tradition that recognizes academic achievement in each department as well as leadership on campus.
Millie Omps received an academic achievement award from the Fine and Performing Arts Department.
Omps, a theater arts and history major, is the daughter of David and Brenda Omps of Paw, Paw, W.Va.
APPLETON, Wisc. — Diana Jurand of Shenandoah Junction, W.Va., was awarded a Bachelor of Arts in theater arts from Lawrence University on June 10.
Jurand is a 2008 graduate of Saint Maria Goretti High School in Hagerstown.
She is the daughter of Dr. Joseph Jurand and Dr. Robin DePietro-Jurand of Shenandoah Junction.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Eckerd College has announced the graduation of Sarah Kolosky of Walkersville, Md.
Kolosky received a Bachelor of Science degree in geosciences.
ASHLAND, Va. — The following area students received degrees from Randolph-Macon College on May 26:
- Colleen Hutchison of Mount Airy, Md., magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in environmental studies, and minors in Spanish and ethics. She was inducted into the college’s Phi Beta Kappa chapter. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Hutchison of Mount Airy.
- Angelica Yost of Mount Airy, magna cum laude with honors with a Bachelor of Arts in environmental studies, and a minor in women’s studies. She was inducted into the college’s Phi Beta Kappa chapter. Yost is the daughter of Daniel Yost of Mount Airy.
- Charles Kesner of Charles Town, W.Va., Bachelor of Arts degree in environmental studies, and a minor in education. Kesner is the son of Catherine Kesner of Charles Town.
PHILADELPHIA — MinJun Chen of Chambersburg, Pa., graduated from the University of the Sciences on May 23.
Chen graduated cum laude with a Doctor of Pharmacy, with a minor in biology.
Chen was a member of the Rho Chi and Alpha Lambda Delta honor societies. She was a member of the Student Society of Health System Pharmacists.
She is the daughter of Xiang Cao and Qiu Qin Chen.
EASTON, Pa. — The following area students graduated from Lafayette College at the school’s 177th commencement:
- David Lehman of Knoxville, Md., Bachelor of Science in neuroscience
- Richard Rice of Mercersburg, Pa., magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in American studies, with honors in American studies