Advertisement

Man using oxygen burned while trying to light a cigarette

June 27, 2012

A Hagerstown man suffered extensive facial burns that could be life-threatening after he tried to light a cigarette while using home oxygen Wednesday afternoon, according to a Community Rescue Service, Inc. spokesman.

Rescue crews were alerted about the incident in the 200 block of Prospect Street about 3:25 p.m., Assistant Chief Dave Hays said.

The man was taken to Meritus Medical Center for treatment, Hays said.

The Hagerstown Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the accident, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|