The Smithsburg Community Volunteer Fire Co.’s annual carnival is under way at 22 N. Main St. in Smithsburg.
Show times are at 7 and 10 p.m.
Food will be available, including country ham sandwiches, crab cakes, french fries, hamburgers, hot dogs and ice cream.
Games sponsored by the fire company include tip jars, gun jars, basket jars, dime pitch and bingo.
The schedule is as follows:
• Today — Ritchie Fields
• Thursday — Mary Ashby and High Octane
• Friday — Kevin Booth; fireworks, 9:30 p.m., sponsored by BJ Builders and Total Lube Center
• Saturday June 30 — Rhett Troxell
Attendees can ride all night, every night for $16; ride all night Thursday for $12. Rides are by Penn-Wood Amusements.
Smithsburg senior site calendar:
• Today — Bingo and chair exercise, 10 a.m.
• Friday — Birthday luncheon, 11:30 a.m.
• Monday, July 2 — Blood pressure screenings and July Fourth trivia, 10 a.m.
Ballroom dance takes place Thursday
Clare Domer’s ballroom dance will be held Thursday from 7 to 10 p.m. at Morris Frock Post 42 American Legion on Northern Avenue in Hagerstown.
Admission costs $5 per person.
Town library offering foreign language classes
The Smithsburg Library has two free foreign language and culture classes with openings.
The classes are available for children entering grades three to six.
German is being offered July 16 to 20 and Japanese culture on July 23 to 27.
For more information, call the library at 301-824-7722.
Share your news about events in area
To submit news to the “Around Smithsburg and Robinwood” column, call 301-331-5683 or send an email to DAMowennews@aol.com.