Save the date for next year’s Green Fest
To the editor:
All we’ve heard since May 12 has been how wonderful the fourth annual Boonsboro Green Fest was. Make no mistake about it, we sincerely appreciate the positive feedback, but those compliments have been grossly misdirected.
All the kudos should go to the 142 vendors, 55 sponsors, more than 100 volunteers and 3,500 attendees who made the Green Fest the most successful ever.
They and many other participants over the years are the ones who are responsible for the success of what has become the largest community, earth-friendly event in Western Maryland.
We look forward to coordinating the fifth annual Green Fest on Saturday, May 11, 2013, when our community will once again shine brighter than the midday sun.
Consider this your “Save the Date” notification for the 2013 Fest.
Thank you and please be kind to Mother Earth all year long:
- Recycle as much as you can.
- Don’t buy things you don’t need.
- Give away unwanted items so they can be reused.
- Start a backyard compost system.
- Walk instead of drive.
- Hang out your clothes to dry.
- Use both sides of your copy paper.
- Take reusable bags to the grocery store.
- Share a ride.
- Take shorter showers.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Watch what you put down the drain.
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room.
Do something every day to help the environment. Then go to the next Green Fest for some more ideas and get recharged for another year.
If you would like to send comments to us, please mail them to P.O. Box 64, Boonsboro, MD 21713 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barbara Wetzel, co-chair
Boonsboro Green Fest