The Hagerstown Police Department will allow residents and employees of downtown businesses to cross road blocks during the Velo bicycle races today.
City Police Chief Arthur Smith said residents and employees who have to get to work will be permitted to cross the road blocks as long as it doesn’t interfere with the races.
Smith said officers will allow motorists who are affected to enter and exit race areas after the bicyclists have passed through those parts of the course.
The following streets will be closed from 5:30 to 10:30 p.m.:
- Washington Street from Public Square to Summit Avenue.
- Summit Avenue to Hood Street.
- Hood Street to Baltimore Street.
- Baltimore Street to Potomac Street.
- Potomac Street to Washington Street.