Advertisement

Fire brief - June 4

June 04, 2012

Electrical fire causes offices to be evacuated

A small electrical fire forced the evacuation Monday morning of a building housing the offices of the Western Maryland Consortium and Washington County Treasurer’s Office at 33 W. Washington St., Hagerstown Fire Department Battalion Chief Mark Cleck said.

The fire was called in at 8:55 a.m., and apparently was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet, Cleck said. It was extinguished before firefighters arrived and damage was limited to a scorched wall, he said.

The fire was in the fourth-floor offices of the consortium, county spokeswoman Sarah Lankford Sprecher said. The building was evacuated as a precaution and people were allowed back inside at about 9:20 a.m., she said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|