Sharpsburg Bible Church to mark 140th anniversary on Sunday

May 15, 2012

Sharpsburg Bible Church will celebrate its 140th anniversary Sunday.

Sunday school begins at 9:30 a.m. and church services begin at 10:30 a.m.

The church was organized in 1872, and at that time was on North Potomac Street. 

The congregation relocated in 1938 to 125 W. Main St. 

In 1981, the congregation built a new church, which is the present location on the corner of Antietam and Potomac streets. The fellowship hall was added in 1984. 

The church continues to grow and an expansion is planned to begin soon.

The Rev. Gene W. Renner has been the church pastor since 1977.

The church’s mission is to provide Christian resources and service to all people in the name of Jesus Christ.

The church has many ministries and programs for all ages. 

For more information, go to

The Herald-Mail Articles