CASCADE — Planning is under way by the One Mountain Foundation for the seventh annual Mountaintop Heritage Days scheduled for Saturday, June 30, and Sunday, July 1, in the Cascade and Blue Ridge Summit, Pa., areas.
Events are open to the public and will include the following (unless otherwise noted, events are on the former Fort Ritchie Army base in Cascade):
• Annual parade in Blue Ridge Summit and Cascade on Saturday, June 30, at 9 a.m.
• Food, craft and business vendors both days.
• Fourth annual Mountain Thunder Car Cruise-in on Saturday.
• Live entertainment/bands of various musical styles.
• Salute to the military with the Williamsport Community Band on Saturday.
• Fireworks by Master Displays Limited on Saturday at dusk (rain date is Sunday).
• Children’s games and activities.
• Petting zoo and camel rides provided Saturday by the Catoctin Wildlife Preserve and Zoo.
• Boating on Lake Royer on the Fort Ritchie property.
• Civil War living history encampment and historical demonstrations.
• World War II historical displays.
• Steam engine displays.
• Maryland Masonic-sponsored Child Identification Program on Saturday.
• Children’s fishing rodeo on Sunday morning.
• Mountaintop community worship program on Sunday at 1 p.m.
A number of community churches, fire departments and the Sons of the American Legion will provide a wide selection of food.
There will be a parking fee of $5 per vehicle.
Spaces still are available for craft, nonprofit and business vendors.
Sponsors for this year’s event include PenMar Development Corp., Specialty Granules Inc., Hagerstown-Washington County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Sons of the American Legion Post 239, McLaughlin’s Heating Oils & LP Gas and the Fort Ritchie Community Center.
For more information, call Nina at 717-794-0061, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.onemountainfoundation.org.