Advertisement

Food on stove causes fire at North Haven Mobile Home Park

May 09, 2012

Food on a stove started a fire Wednesday afternoon in a mobile home in the North Haven Mobile Home Park off Pennsylvania Avenue north of Hagerstown, according to the Maugansville Goodwill Volunteer Fire Co.

The fire, which was reported at 3:45 p.m. at 18639 Donald St., extended from the stove into some cabinets, said Sgt. Austin McCoy, a spokesman for the fire company.

Firefighters contained the fire to the area around the cabinets, and it caused less than $3,000 in damages, McCoy said.

No one was in the home when the fire started, and it was unclear who reported it, he said.

There were several cats at the home but they were unharmed, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|