HAGERSTOWN — A 3-year-old girl injured in a Wednesday afternoon apartment fire in Hagerstown has died, Hagerstown spokeswoman Erin Wolfe said Sunday.
The organs of Hope E. Goins were harvested Sunday morning, Wolfe said.
Hope was ruled brain-dead Friday, Wolfe said Saturday.
Hope’s mother, Patricia M. Goins, 43, died in the fire at 334 Summit Ave.
Two other family members also were injured — Patricia Goins’ husband, Kenneth W. Goins Jr., 50, and father, Quintin H. Coldsmith, 64.
Coldsmith remained in critical condition Monday morning at R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, according to a spokeswoman there.
Kenneth Goins was released Friday from Meritus Medical Center, Wolfe said.
Hagerstown Fire Chief W. Kyd Dieterich said Friday that the cause of the blaze appeared to be accidental, but the findings won’t be made official until evidence has been examined and witnesses have been interviewed.
The fire was reported Wednesday at 12:40 p.m. and took firefighters nearly two hours to bring under control.