Advertisement

New fellowship hall at St. Mark's Episcopal Church to be dedicated April 22

April 12, 2012

LAPPANS — Dedication services will be held Sunday, April 22, in the new Fellowship Center at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Lappans.

The Rev. Eugene T. Sutton, bishop of Maryland, will be the celebrant for the 1 p.m. service, which includes the laying of the cornerstone, the blessing of the building and a Festival Eucharist.

An open house and reception will follow at 2:30 p.m.

The two-story multipurpose building is the first new construction on the church campus since the construction of a sacristy to the original fieldstone church building in 1977. The original church building was built in 1849. The rectory building was constructed in the early 1900s, and the present parish hall was built in the 1950s.

Four services a week are held at St. Mark’s, which has a membership of 300 households. Three services are held every Sunday and one midweek service is held each Wednesday morning.

Two Sunday services will continue to be held in the historic church building, and one Sunday service has moved to Dorsey Hall in the new Fellowship Center, which is disabled accessible and features a fully furnished nursery for young children.

The 6500-square-foot Fellowship Center will be used by the St. Mark’s congregation for worship services, church education, meetings and fellowship.

 The building will also be open to the community for community events, workshops and educational opportunities.

The worship area converts to a large hall capable of hosting receptions and conferences. The downstairs features three rooms for multipurpose use, including a lounge with three large sofas and a conference room with seating for 20.

The disabled-accessible building offers spacious rooms, plenty of bathrooms and a catering kitchen. Visitors will find plenty of free parking.

For more information, go to www.stmarkslappans.org.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|