Advertisement

Fire brief - April 4

April 04, 2012

Power strip failure causes fire at Washington County house

A power strip failure caused a fire that damaged the inside of a house Tuesday afternoon at 19920 Gilbert Hills Drive east of Hagerstown, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.

The fire caused $500 in damage to the two-story structure and $500 in damage to the contents, according to a fire marshal’s office news release. The origin of the fire was near a fish tank in the living room.

The fire, which was reported by the occupant at 2:57 p.m., had been extinguished by the time firefighters arrived, the release said.

Firefighters from Longmeadow, Hagerstown and Funkstown responded to the scene.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|