Advertisement

Two taken to hospital after grease fire

March 25, 2012

WILLIAMSPORT — A woman who burned her hand Sunday afternoon putting out a kitchen fire in a Williamsport apartment was one of two people taken to Meritus Medical Center due to the small grease fire, Williamsport Fire Chief Will Ball said.

The kitchen fire at 12L Oak Tree Lane, at Milestone Garden Apartments, was reported at 2:48 p.m. Sunday, authorities said.

The woman’s burn was minor, Ball said.

A man also was taken to the hospital because he was having respiratory problems from the smoke, Ball said.
Damage from the fire was limited to the stove, Ball said.

— Julie E. Greene

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|