For more information, call Patsy P. at 301-582-2292 or Patsy M. at 301-842-3615.
Haven Lutheran plans ‘Wednesdays in Lent’
Haven Lutheran Church will host “Wednesdays in Lent,” starting at 5:15 p.m.
Each week, a guest speaker will be on hand, followed by a soup and sandwich supper at 6 p.m. and worship at 7 p.m. At the conclusion of the events, there will be a Wednesday Lenten Service with the Holden Evening Prayer as the liturgy.
The following is the Lenten season schedule:
- Wednesday — Guest speaker will talk about palliative care; followed by soup and sandwiches and worship.
- March 7 — Guest speaker will talk about wound therapy; soup and sandwiches; worship.
- March 14 — Guest speaker will talk about Parkinson’s disease; soup and sandwiches; worship.
- March 21 — Guest speaker will talk about diabetes; soup and sandwiches, worship.
- March 28 — Guest speaker will talk about bowel disorders; soup and sandwiches; worship.
Everyone is invited to these evenings of information and worship.
If you plan to attend, call the church office at 301-733-5056 so there is adequate food available.
Bus trip planned to Horseshoe Curve
Christ Lutheran Church, 216 N. Cleveland Ave., Hagerstown, has some seats available for its May 19 bus trip to Horseshoe Curve and the Railroaders Memorial Museum in Altoona, Pa.
For more information and to reserve a seat, call Sandy Busey at 301-739-7925.
Storytelling program targets discrimination
The League of Women Voters of Washington County will sponsor a storytelling program titled “Discrimination: Stories of Progress and Hope” Sunday, March 11, at 2 p.m. at the Women’s Club, 31 S. Prospect St. in Hagerstown.
The club has off-street parking in the Rochester parking lot next to the side entrance.
The event will focus on drawing strength and hope from a topic typically filled with pain and disappointment.
Speakers include Diane Macklin, Alesia Parson-McBean, Margaret Kline and Jeanie Jacobs.
Registration costs $10. Register to attend by sending an RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission will be collected at the door. Nonregistered guests will be charged $12.