Advertisement

Electrical problem fills The Living Room church with smoke

February 12, 2012

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — An electrical problem led to The Living Room church in Martinsburg being filled with smoke before Sunday services began, said Fire Capt. Denny Carter with the Bedington Volunteer Fire Department.

The call for smoke in the 50 Monroe St. church came in at 7:11 a.m. Sunday, according to Berkeley County Emergency Services.

There was no fire, Carter said.

There was only one person at the church at the time, and no one was injured, Carter said. The church is in the former Bon-Ton building.

According to the church’s Facebook page, the church did not hold services Sunday due to a mechanical issue.

— Julie E. Greene

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|