MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — Martinsburg Mayor George Karos is seeking re-election to a fourth term in the city of Martinsburg’s election on June 12.
Karos, a Democrat, is a pharmacist and owner of Patterson’s Drug Store. He served on the Martinsburg City Council for about 25 years before being elected to his first four-year term as mayor in 2000, according to state records.
Karos, 80, of 304 N. Delaware Ave., was among the first to file last week for the municipal election, according to City Recorder Gena Long, the city’s election officer.
The following individuals had filed for city council as of Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.:
- Kevin Knowles, 127 W. South St., Ward 2
- Roger Lewis, 518 W. Burke St., Ward 4 (incumbent)
- Max G. Parkinson, 803 Honeysuckle Drive, Ward 3 (incumbent)
- Dennis J. Etherington, 501 S. Georgia Ave., Ward 1 (incumbent)
- C. William Hayes, 1006 Candi Court, at large.
Mayoral candidates must file a petition with 50 signatures from city residents who are qualified registered voters. The filing fee is $10.