Advertisement

Kitchen fire extinguished in a house near City Park

February 05, 2012
  • Firefighters gather in front of a home where a fire occurred in the kitchen of 643 Highland Way Sunday.
By Stephen Rogers

Hagerstown firefighters put out a kitchen fire Sunday afternoon that was contained to the first floor of a house near City Park, a Washington County Emergency Services supervisor said.

No one was injured, the 911 supervisor said.

The fire at 643 Highland Way was accidental and attributed to cooking, said Mark Cleck, battalion chief for the Hagerstown Fire Department.

The 5:36 p.m. fire spread across the stove, hood area, some cabinets and part of the ceiling before firefighters put it out, Cleck said.

One person in the single-family home was displaced for the night, Cleck said.

— Julie E. Greene

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|