Advertisement

Chimney fire causes $45K in damages to home on Landis Road

January 26, 2012

A chimney fire caused an estimated $45,000 in damages to a house early Thursday at 336 Landis Road near Hagerstown, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said.

Firefighters were called to the house at 2:14 a.m. for a fire that started in a chimney and spread to the walls, according to a fire marshal’s office news release.

The fire marshal’s office said the area of origin was a bedroom.

Authorities estimated that the fire caused $40,000 in damage to the structure and $5,000 in damage to the contents, the release said.

Smoke detectors were present but didn’t activate, the release said.

The fire marshal’s office said 25 firefighters responded to the fire, which took about 10 minutes to control.

Fire companies from Funkstown, Mount Aetna, Hagerstown and Longmeadow responded to the scene.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|