Advertisement

Police briefs - Jan. 1

January 01, 2012

No one injured in bedroom fire

HALFWAY — A bedroom fire displaced a family of three from their Halfway Manor apartment Sunday off Virginia Avenue, according to Volunteer Fire Co. of Halfway Chief Nick “Spiffy” Dattilio.

Dispatched at 1:43 p.m., the fire caused damage on the second floor, and smoke and water damage on the first floor, Dattilio said.

No one was injured.

The fire was being investigated by the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s office, Dattilio said.

The American Red Cross was assisting the family, Dattilio said.


Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|