Here is the list of road and lane closures in the area for Friday, Dec. 30:
* As of 7 a.m., traffic is moving smoothly on Interstate 70 in both directions between Washington County and Baltimore, I-68 in both directions between West Virginia and Hancock, I-81 in both directions throughout the state of Maryland, I-270 in both directions between Frederick and I-495, and I-495 in both directions between I-95 and I-270.
* The left lane of South Potomac Street is scheduled to close in front of the Washington County Library site today. It is expected to reopen at 2 p.m.
* Work to expand the intersection of Massey Boulevard and Halfway Boulevard near Hagerstown is mostly complete, but minor work still needs to be done in the area.
* Work to widen the intersection of Dual Highway and Edgewood Drive is substantially complete. Traffic is sometimes sluggish in both directions, though.
* Only one lane of Md. 550 in Thurmont, Md., is open between Eylers Valley Flint Road and Kelbaugh Road due to a mudslide that occurred April 17. However, it could reopen by June.