Advertisement

Man treated for burns following chimney fire on Pennsylvania Ave.

December 27, 2011

HAGERSTOWN — One person had minor burns when a chimney fire spread into the walls of his home Tuesday morning, Longmeadow Volunteer Fire Co. Chief Jason Eckstine said.

The fire was called in at 2:51 a.m. from the 13000 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, and firefighters cleared the scene at 4:44 a.m., a Washington County 911 dispatcher said.

When firefighters arrived there was smoke filling the house and fire coming from the mantel, Eckstine said. It took firefighters about half an hour to extinguish the fire in the wall, he said.

The occupant of the house had minor burns to his hand from trying to put out the fire and was treated at the scene, Eckstine said. He estimated damage to the house at more than $4,000.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|