Advertisement

Waynesboro family displaced by fire

December 26, 2011

WAYNESBORO, Pa. — A Waynesboro, Pa., family was displaced by a fire Monday afternoon at 1600 East Main St., Waynesboro Fire Department Lt. John Beck said.

The homeowners were home when the fire started at about 1:20 p.m. and escaped safely, Beck said.

Firefighters had the fire under control within about 10 minutes of arriving, but remained at the scene until about 4 p.m., he said.

The fire appeared to have started on the second floor and might have been electrical in nature, although the cause has not been confirmed, Beck said.

There is fire, smoke and water damage to the second floor and attic space, and water damage to the first floor, he said.

Fire companies from Mont Alto, Blue Ridge Summit, Fountaindale and Leitersburg also responded, he said.

 — Heather Keels

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|