Washington County residents can recycle Christmas trees at no charge at county Solid Waste Department facilities.
Clean Christmas trees, with all lights, ornaments and nails removed, will be accepted from Tuesday through Jan. 31, excluding holidays, from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily.
A two-tree limit will be observed.
Trees are being accepted at the following locations:
- Forty West Landfill, one mile West of Huyetts Crossroads off U.S. 40 on Earth Care Road.
- Greensburg Convenience Center, 13125 Bikle Road.
- Hancock Convenience Center, 6502 Hess Road.
- Kaetzel Convenience Center, 2926 Kaetzel Road.
- Dargan Convenience Center, 2201 Dargan School Road.
The program, authorized by the Washington County Board of Commissioners, is a service of the Division of Environmental Management. More information can be obtained by calling Sarah Lankford Sprecher at 240-313-2215.