Advertisement

Electrical fire causes minor damage in Waynesboro

December 25, 2011

WAYNESBORO, Pa. — An electrical fire caused minor damage to a Waynesboro apartment building on Christmas Day, officials said.

A representative from the Waynesboro Fire Department said firefighters were sent to an apartment building at 212 W. Main St. for an inside investigation, which a Franklin County 911 dispatcher said was for possible smoke.

Once inside, firefighters discovered an electrical fire had started in the building’s attic, a fire department representative said.

The building sustained minor damage and no one was believed to have been displaced from their homes, according to the fire department representative.

Firefighters from Waynesboro were on scene for about two hours, during which time Main Street was closed between Franklin and Grant streets. A 911 dispatcher said Waynesboro was assisted by firefighters from Blue Ridge Summit, Mont Alto and Greencastle.

— Kate S. Alexander

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|