Advertisement

Failure of pellet stove caused Jefferson Boulevard fire

December 15, 2011

The failure of a window-mounted pellet stove caused a fire Thursday morning in a two-story house at 1065 Jefferson Blvd. near Hagerstown, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office.

The 10:46 a.m. blaze caused $1,000 in damages to the house and $3,000 in damages to its contents, Deputy State Fire Marshal Ed Ernst said.

Damage was limited to the area around the stove, and smoke damage was limited to the first floor, Ernst said.

It took about five minutes to bring the fire under control, he said.

The owner of the house is Thomas Palamar, and the occupants are Dwane and Silo Smith, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|