A free Thanksgiving dinner will be held Thursday at Williamsport United Methodist Church, 25 E. Church St., from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The community is invited.
Takeouts and deliveries will be available. For more information, call 301-223-7040.
Clothes of Hope will also be open Thursday at the church from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Spaghetti dinner planned Saturday
Van Lear Brethren in Christ Church, 10745 Van Lear Drive, will hold a spaghetti dinner Saturday from 4 to 7 p.m.
The menu includes salad, roll, drink, and all-you-can-eat spaghetti.
Tickets cost $7 for adults and $3.50 for children. Those younger than 5 eat free.
New keepsake ornament available
For the third year, internationally-known glass artist Yemi has created a keepsake collectible ornament depicting a local landmark.
Christmas 2009 featured the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal Aqueduct; 2010, the Barn at Springfield Farm (still a few available); and now for 2011, Williamsport Town Hall.
Cost is $20 each. They will be available starting Monday, Nov. 28, at town hall during regular business hours and during the Charlie Brown Christmas event at Springfield Barn.
Upcoming events and announcements
• Williamsport Town Hall will be closed Thursday and Friday in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
• The Shepherd’s Table at Rehoboth United Methodist Church will be closed Thursday. Everyone is invited to the free Thanksgiving meal at Williamsport United Methodist Church. The Shepherd’s Table will reopen Thursday, Dec. 1.
• Williamsport’s Christmas Parade begins at 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2. Lineup for everyone participating including classic cars will be at the water tower at 6:30 p.m.
• The Christmas lights in Byron Memorial Park will be on each night from Dec. 2 through Jan. 2, 2012.
• Breakfast with Santa, sponsored by the Williamsport Volunteer Fire and EMS, is Saturday, Dec. 3, from 6 to 11 a.m. in the Community Building. Santa will be there from 8 to 10 a.m.
• Charlie Brown Christmas, Reindeer in the Rafters, at Springfield Barn is Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 3, 4, 10 and 11, from 5 to 8 p.m. nightly. Santa will be there each night. The event will also be open on Tuesday, Dec. 6, from noon to 5 p.m.
• The Williamsport Community Band’s free holiday concert is Sunday, Dec. 18, at 3 p.m. at the Williamsport High School auditorium.
Share your news
If you have news of events, activities or announcements for Williamsport and the surrounding area, contact Paula Green Shupp at 301-302-3878 or send an email to p.shupp@my actv.net.