• Waynesboro (Pa.) Community and Human Services and The Fellowship of Churches are co-sponsoring a free community Thanksgiving Day dinner from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Evangelical Lutheran Church at 43 S. Church St. in Waynesboro. It will be a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and all the trimmings. There will be a pianist and Christmas caroling. If you are shut-in and need delivery, call 717-762-6941 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
• Mark and Jayne Metcalfe's family is hosting its eighth annual free Thanksgiving dinner at the Lemasters (Pa.) Community Center. Dinner is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the community center off Steele Avenue. Reservations are preferred; call 717-328-2366. Delivery is available within the Tuscarora School District for senior citizens and those who are physically unable to join the dinner. In preparation, a potato-peeling party will be held at the community center at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Volunteers are welcome at the party, which will include more tasks than just peeling potatoes.
• The Hope Center at Hagerstown Rescue Mission is sponsoring a free community Thanksgiving Day meal at 11:30 a.m. in the Trinity Center. The Trinity Center is on Walnut Street, between West Franklin and Church streets and behind the rescue mission. Parking is available off Church and Walnut streets. The buffet is a traditional Thanksgiving meal with turkey and trimmings. Activities for children.
• Trinity Lutheran Church is hosting a free Smithsburg community Thanksgiving Day meal. A traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings and dessert will be served from noon to 2 p.m. Trinity Lutheran Church is at 16 N. Main St. in Smithsburg. For more information, rides or meal delivery, call 301-824-7460.
• Bethel United Methodist Church will provide a free Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings to the Chewsville community from noon to 2 p.m. on Nov. 24. The church is at 21006 Twin Springs Drive, Chewsville.
• Boonsboro Bible Church, at 6741 Old National Pike, is holding its seventh annual community dinner, with the free dinner served from noon to 4 p.m. The meal includes turkey — baked or deep fried — and trimmings. Deliveries are available for local shut-ins. For more information or directions, call 240-818-8469.
• The Knights of Columbus Council 1169 is hosting a free community Thanksgiving Day dinner at St. Joseph School in Martinsburg, W.Va. The meal, from 1 to 5 p.m., will include turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, rolls, beverages and desserts. Several Berkeley County churches and 20 chefs from local restaurants are assisting with the meal. The school is at 110 E. Stephen St. in Martinsburg.
— Compiled by Julie E. Greene