Reward offered in Goodwill burglary in Pa.
ROUZERVILLE, Pa. — The Franklin County (Pa.) Crime Solvers is seeking information about a burglary at Goodwill early Oct. 12, according to a news release.
The burglary at the store in the Waynesboro Marketplace occurred between 12:53 and 2:12 a.m., the news release stated.
The suspects are two white males with slender builds. The news release said the males were both between 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet
9 inches tall.
Anyone with information can call the Washington Township Police Department at 717-762-1447 or Crime Solvers at 717-263-3000.
Information leading to an arrest may result in a reward of up to $2,000.
Sobriety checkpoint scheduled in Berkeley Co.
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — A sobriety checkpoint will be staged along U.S. 11 on Friday beginning at 8 p.m. near the intersection of Evans Run Drive south of Martinsburg, West Virginia State Police announced this week.
The checkpoint is expected to continue until 2 a.m., Saturday, according to a news release from 1st Sgt. W. J. Scott.
A secondary location will be along U.S. 11 near the intersection of Musselman Drive near Inwood, W.Va.
The primary purpose of the checkpoint is to educate the motoring public about the effects of driving impaired either by alcohol, drugs, or both, according to the news release.
Drivers will be checked for any other traffic infractions during the checkpoint, which is funded through the Commission on Drunk Driving Prevention, the news release said.
School locked down for 45 minutes Tuesday
HALFWAY — Lincolnshire Elementary School was placed on modified lockdown for about 45 minutes Tuesday afternoon after someone in the school noticed a person on the edge of the property, Washington County Public Schools spokesman Richard Wright said.
It turned out the person was the owner of the adjacent property, Wright said.
Students were kept inside the school until school officials could determine the person’s identity, Wright said.
— Julie E. Greene
Incidents reported in Franklin County
The following incidents were reported Tuesday by Franklin County (Pa.) Emergency Services:
• At 1:32 a.m., a commercial fire alarm in the 500 block of East Earl Street in Shippensburg.
• At 3:02 p.m., a vehicle fire in the 13100 block of Delaware Circle in Washington Township.
• At 5:01 p.m., a traffic accident in the first block of South Main Street in Chambersburg.
• At 6:41 p.m., a traffic accident in the first block of West Main Street in Waynesboro.
• At 6:45 p.m., a vehicle fire that endangered a house in the 700 block of Shannon Drive North in Antrim Township.
• At 8:52 p.m., a traffic accident in the 13600 block of Buchanan Trail East in Washington Township.