Here is the list of road and lane closures in the area for Tuesday, Nov. 8:
* Hopewell Road under the Interstate 70 bridge is expected to be closed until December while the road surface is lowered as part of a bridge-widening project on I-70. It will open most likely in early December but that depends on the weather, according to Geoff McCammon, spokesperson for the Maryland State Highway Administration.
* The bridge at the intersection of Mount Tabor and Rush Run roads will be closed until late November or early December while the bridge deck is replaced. Motorists are advised to use the Spade Road detour.
* Work to expand the intersection of Massey Boulevard and Halfway Boulevard near Hagerstown continues, causing traffic to be backed up in each direction at different times. Roadwork is expected to continue there until Thanksgiving.
* Work to widen the intersection of Dual Highway and Edgewood Drive continues. Traffic is sometimes sluggish in both directions.
* Only one lane of Md. 550 in Thurmont, Md., is open between Eylers Valley Flint Road and Kelbaugh Road due to a mudslide that occurred April 17. The Maryland State Highway Administration says it is unsure when the other lane of the road will reopen.