N.C. man charged in burglary
A North Carolina man was charged with burglarizing a home in the 200 block of North Locust Street in Hagerstown.
Andre Dwayne Tolbert, 32, was charged with third- and fourth-degree burglary, theft and destruction of property, according to a news release from the police department.
Police said they were called to the home at 5:40 p.m. Sunday and discovered during an investigation that four people left the area in a vehicle. A short time later, officers pulled over the vehicle as Tolbert was driving it south on Potomac Street.
Officers said they were searching for the other three people.
Windows broken out of Craig Paving trucks
Windows were broken out of several dump trucks over the weekend at a Washington County paving company.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office said the incident was reported at 6:30 a.m. Sunday at Craig Paving Inc. at 118 Hump Road.
Lt. Mark Knight said authorities didn’t have a suspect, and an estimate of the damages was unavailable.
Items stolen from parked vehicles
An iPod Touch was among the items reported stolen from two parked vehicles on Sunday.
The iPod was taken from a vehicle that was parked in the first block of West Cemetery Street in Funkstown, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies reported that someone broke out a window of a vehicle that was parked on Keep Tryst Road to steal a purse.
Keep Tryst Road is in southeast Washington County near the Frederick County, Md., line.
Washington County Sheriff’s Office reports incidents
The following incidents were reported by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
• At 9:49 a.m., a bank card and an identification card were stolen in the 17400 block of Maple Leaf Court.
• At 10:38 a.m., a vehicle window was broken in the 14000 block of Dry Run Road.
• At 1:20 p.m., an energy drink was stolen in the 18400 block of Maugans Avenue.
• At 6:58 p.m., a 2004 Saturn was stolen by a boyfriend at Marsh Pike and Longmeadow Road.
• At 8:55 p.m., a shoplifter was reported at Valley Mall.
• At 11:12 p.m., a bike was stolen in the 13400 block of Paramount Terrace.
• At 4:08 a.m., a taxi driver was robbed on Maple Leaf Court.
• At 8:13 p.m., a purse was stolen on Robinwood Drive.
• At 6:30 a.m., windows were broken out of several dump trucks on Hump Road.
• At 6:59 a.m., a truck window was broken in the first block of Cumberland Street.
• At 12:46 p.m., a diamond ring was stolen in the 10100 block of St. George Circle.
Hagerstown Police Department reports incidents
The Hagerstown Police Department responded to the following incidents, according to spokeswoman Barbara Pickett:
• Damage to property was reported in the 200 block of Winter Street.
• A burglary was reported at Bergman Eye Care at 220 Champion Drive.
• Damage to property was reported in the 500 block of Lynn Haven Drive.
• A theft was reported in the 900 block of South Potomac Street.
• A theft was reported at Clean and Bright Laundry at 812 S. Potomac St.
• An arrest was made following a second-degree assault resulting from a domestic incident in the 400 block of Kinslow Street.
• A wanted person was arrested in the 300 block of Reynolds Avenue.
• Cash was stolen in the 400 block of Sumans Avenue.
• A person was arrested following a domestic second-degree assault incident in the first block of East Washington Street.
• An unattended death was reported in the first block of East Washington Street.
• Damage to property was reported in the 200 block of James Street.
• A burglary was reported in the 100 block of King Street.
• A burglary was reported on the third floor of a building in the 200 block of Summit Avenue.
• A theft from a vehicle was reported in the Central Lot.
• A theft from a vehicle was reported at Planet Fitness at 1121 Maryland Ave.
• A theft was reported at Byers Stop & Go at 152 N. Burhans Blvd.
• A theft was reported at Weis Markets on Shank Farm Way.
• A theft was reported at Elizabeth Court Apartments at 55 E. Washington St.
• The warrant service arrested an individual in the 200 block of East Franklin Street.
• A burglary was reported at an apartment at Potomac Towers at 11 W. Baltimore St.
• An injured person was reported in the 50 block of East Washington Street.
• A theft of a cellphone was reported in the 100 block of Berkson Avenue.
• A 2004 black Dodge Neon was stolen in the 30 block of West Antietam Street.
• An assault was reported at an apartment in the 50 block of East Franklin Street.
• A theft from a vehicle was reported at Classy Nails at 1636 Wesel Blvd.
• A burglary was reported in an apartment in the 100 block of Broadway.
• A back-door window was damaged in the 200 block of Willard Street.
• A burglary was reported in the 700 block of Westwood Street.
• A power drill and a GPS were stolen in the 200 block of South Prospect Street.
• An Xbox 360 and cellphones were stolen in a home invasion at an apartment in the 400 block of Summit Avenue.
• A domestic-violence referral was made in the first block of Wakefield Road.